SEASON LONG PROGRAM & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
We are so excited to launch our registration for the upcoming 2021/2022 season!
Despite an early 20/21 finish we are already counting down the days until December! With the Gemini Freestyle Centre being our new home on Blackcomb Mountain we are excited to offer a safe and fun environment for you and your loved ones for the upcoming ski season!
Make a $50 deposit for our 21/22 Early-Bird Rate to get the best deal of the year.
If you are having any issues or questions about programs please contact Executive Director, Chris Muir by phone at 604-905-8788 or email [email protected]
Whistler Freestyle offers both recreational and competitive programs for the sport of Freestyle Skiing with a focus on moguls and slopestyle/halfpipe training, development of strong acrobatic and all-mountain skiing skills.
Registration has 2 Parts – Membership fee and Program fee
- Annual Membership Registration
- This is a one-time annual membership form and fee paid to CFSA (Canadian Freestyle Association).
- It covers your Freestyle BC and Freestyle Canada fees and insurance.
- All participants must complete an annual member registration (including athletes, coaches, judges, staff, BOD members, registered committee members and registered volunteers).
- Member registration profiles require annual updates to contact and medical information and the signing of all relevant waivers. There is a new COVID-19 waiver.
- Membership Registration Fees are non-refundable. Athlete prices vary by category.
- Membership Registration must be completed before or during the registration for Freestyle Whistler Programs.
- Coverage period July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021.
- Members need a minimum of “Club Athlete” license to participate in Freestyle Whistler training.
- Members looking to compete on the Timber Tour need the “Provincial Athlete” license.
2. Program Registration
Click the links below to view program descriptions, schedules and fees for:
- Programs are subject to enrollment and coach availability. Please note program enrollments may be limited due to COVID.
- Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to place athletes in the appropriate age and ability groups.
- Age groups are determined by the calendar year ending December 31 i.e. so if 12 by Dec 31.
- All program registration, waivers and payment must be complete before participation can begin.
- There is no pro-rating for late start or extended absence.
- There is no family discount.
Program Fee Refunds
You can cancel your registration at any time before November 15th and receive a full refund minus the $50 deposit. If you cancel after Nov 15th, you will receive a full refund minus a $250 admin fee.
In Season Refunds:
Our refund policy runs on a quarterly schedule. Participants will receive 75% by withdrawing before December 19th 2021, 50% before February 5th, and 25% before March 6th. No refunds will be given after the March 5th date.
Program Fees do not include:
- Lift Tickets or Season Pass
- Coaching fees and travel costs to and from competitions or events.
- Parents will be given a rough estimate of these costs per event by the Program Director before the commitment date.
- Athlete or parental travel or accommodation to any events or competitions.
- Additional training or training camp or workshop expenses.
Volunteer Levy ***New for 2020/2021***:
- A $100 volunteer levy for the Winter 20/21 season will be applied to your registration fee for all season long programs with the ability to earn it back through volunteering for 5 hours this season. Club has been incurring extra costs each season for jobs/duties that volunteers could easily be doing. This levy is meant to encourage volunteerism.
- In lieu of Volunteering – Many of you have indicated that you don’t have time to volunteer so are happy to pay for extra costs incurred. We are offering a second option of simply paying $150 in lieu of volunteering to go towards paying our coaches for the extra hours that are needed to maintain our our airbag and mogul course etc. when not enough or no volunteers can make it.
- The time you put into to volunteering will be monitored from December 19th, 2020 to the end of the season on April 4th, 2021. If you volunteer for 5 hours this season you will get a full credit of $100 to be applied to your account for future program use.
- More details will be given on volunteer opportunities throughout the season. They will include mogul course stepping and slipping, jump landing chopping and airbag setup. Fundraising and helping out with competitions and events will also earn you hours. Ask us how you can volunteer to help and get your levy back. Our volunteer opportunities will be on our website in November.
Sea to Sky Pass:
Whistler Blackcomb offers Freestyle Whistler Club Members the option to purchase the Sea to Sky Student Pass. Parents who need this pass for their child are asked to check the box on registration. All athletes indicating that they require one will be added to the list submitted to WB. Parents are then asked to call WB Guest Services once an email has been sent out confirming that they are available for purchase. 19/20 price was $479 +GST. The 20/21 Pass price is still TBD we will let our members know as soon as it is available.
In order to social distance and stay safe this winter we will have the following protocols when training on Whistler Blackcomb :
- All programs will meet outside the new Gemini Freestyle Center on Blackcomb Mountain. Athletes will be able to warm up and use the training facilities while all athletes convene.
- All Mountain Freestyle and Big Mountain Freestyle Programs will start training at 8:50 am and lunch at 11:15 am. Development Team and Performance Program will begin training at 9:20 am and lunch at 12 pm.
- Lunch will take place at the Gemini Freestyle Center. All tables and chairs will be sanitized between each group sitting.
We are currently waiting on Freestyle Canada and Freestyle BC for winter 2020/2021 competition details. Once they become available we will update this section as well as update members via email.
As a not-for-profit organization, fundraising is part of the Freestyle Whistler operational budget. We appreciate and encourage your support during the season with our operational fundraising efforts to continue to keep our program fees accessible and to support the long term legacy of our club and newly built Gemini Freestyle Centre.
Inclement Weather Policy:
If training sessions must be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, emergency, road, or facility closure. Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to choose make-up options; provide refunds or credit accounts to be used for programs within one year.
Athletes in the All Mountain and Big Mountain Freestyle programs require twin tip skis, poles, helmet, goggles. A second pair of skis is not necessary.
We recommend that Development and Performance athletes have a second pair of skis (identical to the pair being used day to day) so that if a ski or binding breaks then can resume training. We have a locked area for athletes to store spare equipment.
Note: Athletes must have ski edges intact to be able to use the Airbag Facility. Broken edges rip the bag material rendering it not useable for training.