Freestyle Whistler is proud to host the 1st Annual Timber Tour Shr’Edit’ Contest. Start capturing and gathering footage of you and your crew and fine tune your editing skills to create a 1 minute edit that will blow the ski boots off of our celebrity judges and earn you some amazing prizes! You have a chance to win for doing what you love – skiing, filming and editing!
All entries must have freestyle skiing as the central theme and story line, and must not exceed 1 minute in length. We’re not fanatical about a few seconds over-run, but keep it tight. Your edit should have some great skiing (duh!), popping music (NO FOUL LANGUAGE), a catchy storyline, and inspire our judges to get out there and SHRED! Edits must only feature yourself and other skiers from your, or other, Freestyle Clubs. If you can add an opening credit with your name and Freestyle Club that would be great! Example “Edit by John Doe of Freestyle Whistler”. The deadline is MARCH 27th to submit your edits. Contest open to all members of Freestyle Clubs in BC. You do not have to be attending the Whistler Timber Tour to participate. Open to all ages. The edit is being judged not the level of skiing.
JUDGING: Our judging criteria will consist of the following 4 categories: (1) Variety of Skiing (2) Creativity (3) Sound/Light/Music Choice (4) Overall Impression. But what do these categories mean you may ask? To keep things clear, this is the exact wording that will appear on the judges’ scorecards.
- VARIETY OF SKIING: How well are the skiers shredding in multiple conditions. Are they skiing the same jumps/rails/lines, or are they mixing it up with a hairy line, sick jumps/rails then cruising into a mogul jump for a backie? Are they sliding rails while simultaneously pushing their limits on the steeps and bumps? On 1-10 scale, how would you score the Variety of Skiing in this edit?
- CREATIVITY: How well did the editor think outside the box and create an edit that has something unique. On 1-10 scale, how would you score the creativity of this edit? Is the film footage all POV, or were the perspectives varied for a bit of Creative spice? Was it just skiing or was there a storyline to keep the viewers interest?
- SOUND/LIGHTING/MUSIC CHOICE : On 1-10 scale, how would you score the quality of sound/lighting and music choice?
- OVERALL IMPRESSION: Did this edit get you excited to go skiing? Did you want to jump out of your seat and fire on your skis when you got to the end of the edit? Did the journey of the trial and triumph make you remember why we all love skiing and the outdoors? On 1-10 scale how would you score the Overall Impression of this edit?
Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for overall edit.
It’s not just the editor who will win sick prizes! Don’t worry skiers – we will have prizes for you too!
The following categories will have one overall winner per category.
- BEST TRICK MALE
- BEST TRICK FEMALE
- MOST CREATIVE TRICK
- BEST LINE (PARK, MOGULS OR FREESKI)
- BEST BAIL
IMPORTANT MOVIE FILMING FORMAT INFO – HIGHEST RESOLUTION POSSIBLE for VIEWING ON THE BIG SCREEN.
Remember your movie will be playing on the big screen at the banquet on Saturday April 4th in Whistler. Please follow the required high standards of filming and formatting your ski movie edit. Make sure your phone or camera settings are set to the highest quality.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO SUBMIT YOUR SKI EDIT:
Submit your edit anytime from now until March 27th at 11:59pm.
- Upload your video entry to your personal Vimeo account. If you do not have a Vimeo account, you will need to create one.
- When you upload your video, make sure the privacy settings are set to “anyone”, for “who can watch this video”, your video must be downloadable!!!
- You must add the hashtag #WhistlerShredit to your video as that is how we will search for the entries. To add tags to your video, head to the Distribution tab, Discovery section of your video settings. Under the Tags heading, click the + button and in the text box that appears type in each tag individually and click the blue “+” button after each one. When you’re done adding your tags, make sure to save your changes.
- WE MUST BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR VIDEO.
- Last but not least – please email the link to your video (copy and paste your edits Vimeo link) to Isaac Pumphrey at [email protected] and include your name, age and Freestyle Club.
Our celebrity judges will be judging all entries.
AWARDS CEREMONY: The awards ceremony and viewing premiere will take place at the BC Champs and Timber Tour Banquet on Saturday April 4th. You do not have to be present to win.