Posted: Sept. 22, 2021. Closes: Oct. 30, 2021
Start Date: Dec. 4, 2021
Submit resume to Freestyle Whistler [email protected]
Position Type: Part-Time, Seasonal
Location: Whistler, BC
Freestyle Whistler is looking for a coach to join our team this winter, ideally with a competitive skiing background. The Coach will be responsible for coaching and working with our team of coaches during training weekends and competitions, emphasizing skier development to progress our younger athletes in all disciplines. The successful candidate is expected to be professional in all instances and create a positive, supportive environment within the Freestyle Whistler program.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities. Freestyle Whistler aims to support and develop our coaches. Candidates that do not have all the certification listed will be supported in furthering their coach education.
COACH EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Freestyle Canada Air 1,2,3, & 4 Certified
- Experience coaching Mogul, Slopestyle, and Halfpipe programs an asset
- Competitive experience is an asset
- Work proactively in a team environment as well as motivated to get work done individually
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong and positive communicator who can build relationships and resolve conflicts
- Capacity to plan, track and evaluate athletes
- Experience providing reports to managers
- Providing athletes with premium training through the implementation of on-hill program preparation and delivery.
- Prepare daily training plans on an individual basis and help them tactically with their competition runs;
- Plan and implement Goal-setting, video analysis, etc.;
- Track and monitor the progression of athletes
- Develop reports to the athletes with feedback on progress and suggestions for improvement
- Act as a mentor/role model to the team
- Communicate professionally and courteously with athletes’ parents
- Enforcing team “rules” and expectations
- Equipment and video management
- Support any initiatives to strategically advance the development of the sport and our Freestyle Whistler athletes.
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all resort safety policies and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers, the general public
- Be mindful of all safety hazards/concerns within the work environment and ensure all safety issues are reported to the appropriate individuals
Please submit a resume, NCCP number to the Freestyle Whistler Executive Director, [email protected], by Oct. 30, 2021.