Watch the NTC Video here
Freestyle Whistler and the National Training Centre Society are spearheading the creation of a National Training Centre for Freestyle Skiing in Western Canada. In partnership with Freestyle Canada and Whistler Blackcomb, we have identified a site and secured the generous support of the Whistler Blackcomb Foundation Grant. We have now also secured a Naming Rights Sponsor – The Gemini Trust Company – which will enable us to match and unlock the WBF Funds and start building the centre next spring! Gemini is a digital currency exchange owned by 2 former Olympians and passionate mogul skiers!
• The NTC will include a World Class Mogul course and event site and Judges stand, along with a permanent Airbag Training area, to allow for safe training of acrobatic snowsport skills, throughout Whistler’s 6 month long winter season.
• Located right below Blackcomb’s world class terrain park and halfpipe, making this a real hub for Freestyle skiing and ensuring Whistler will offer one of the best training facilities for Freestyle Skiing in the world.
• Located in a prime spot on the mountain alongside the new Blackcomb Gondola in a sunny location, the centre will be seen by millions of skiers each year.
• In this location the centre should be be fully operational from the start to the end of WB’s long ski season.
Who will use it:
• The centre will be used for both training and events, across different disciplines and sexes, from young beginner freestyle skiers in the ‘Freestyle Devo’ Ski School programme, to teens in the local clubs, as well as host provincial, national and international teams to train and compete in Whistler.
• Snowboard and Big Mountain skiers will also be able to use the facility. As acrobatic snowsports continue to evolve, offering safe training environments is key to success and longevity.
• WB’s Snowschool and Freestyle Canada can make use of a turnkey mogul facility to aid in their instructor training.
An Olympic Legacy:
• Freestyle skiing is one of Canada’s most successful winter sports.
• Canadian Freestyle skiers continue to thrive, with impressive medal hauls at every Olympics and at World Cup events each winter, along with strong and growing enrolment at the grassroots level.
• The NTC will help us to train and develop the champions of the future right here in the west.
For further information and to get involved either as a sponsor, fundraiser or supporter please contact [email protected]
Huge thank you to our founding sponsor The Whistler Blackcomb Foundation and those who have contributed so far to the ‘Friends and Family of Freestyle Campaign’ and our 2 Ullr Gala Fundraisers.