SEASON LONG PROGRAM & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
We are so excited to launch our registration for the upcoming 2023/2024 season!
Whistler Freestyle offers recreational and competitive programs for athletes aged 10 – 19 in the sport of Freestyle Skiing with a focus on moguls and slopestyle/halfpipe training. We also strive for the development of acrobatic solid and all-mountain skiing skills. All participants must be advanced-level skiers.
Click the links below to view program descriptions, schedules, and fees for:
PLEASE FOLLOW THE REGISTRATION GUIDELINES BELOW:
We continuously strive to be the most affordable alpine ski program in Whistler. With this in mind, we will offer parents the option to pay program fees via INTERAC e-transfer to save on credit card processing fees.
Parents can send the full program fee amount or monthly instalment via e-transfer offline or online via the SnowReg payment system. For offline payments, parents will receive an invoice from our Quickbooks account when payment is due. The online system will automatically charge the card on file on the original transaction date, and the following five instalments will occur on the first of each month.
At any point during the registration process, if you are stuck or something isn’t working properly, please email Chris, our Executive Director, for help!
Please read this registration guide in full. Payment options are available at the bottom of the page.
***You can cancel your registration at any time before November 15th and receive a full program refund minus $25 administration fee. If you cancel between Nov 15th and December 3rd, you will receive a full program refund minus a $250 administration fee.***
If you are having any issues or questions about programs, please contact Executive Director Chris Muir by phone at 604-905-8788 or email at [email protected]
Program Registration Notes
- All skiers must be strong parallel skiers (Ski School Level 6 or graduated from a similar program).
- Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to place athletes in the appropriate age and ability groups.
- Age groups are determined by the calendar year ending December 31, i.e. if 12 by Dec 31.
- All program registration, waivers, and payment must be completed before participation begins.
- There is no pro-rating for a late start or extended absence.
- There is no family discount.
- All memberships from Freestyle BC and Freestyle Canada are non-refundable.
Program Fees do not include:
- Lift Tickets or Season Pass – the Sea 2 Sky Pass is available to all registrants regardless of home residence.
- Coaching fees and travel costs to and from competitions or events.
- The Program Director will give parents a rough estimate of these costs per event before the commitment date.
- Athlete or parental travel or accommodation to any events or competitions.
- Additional training or training camp or workshop expenses.
- A $200 volunteer levy for the Winter 23/24 season will be applied to your registration fee for all season-long programs, with the ability to earn it back through volunteering for 8 hours this season. The club has been incurring extra costs for jobs/duties that volunteers could efficiently do each season. This levy is meant to encourage volunteerism.
- The time you put into volunteering will be monitored from December 23, 2023, to the end of the season on April 14, 2024. If you volunteer for 8 hours this season, you will get a credit of $200 to be applied to your account for future program use.
- More details will be given on volunteer opportunities throughout the season. They include mogul course stepping and slipping, jump landing chopping, and airbag setup. Fundraising and helping out with competitions and events will also earn you hours. Ask us how you can volunteer to help and get your levy back. Our volunteer opportunities will be on our website in November.
Sea to Sky Pass:
Whistler Blackcomb offers Freestyle Whistler Club Members the option to purchase the Sea to Sky Student Pass. Parents who need this pass for their child are asked to check the box on registration. All athletes indicating that they require one will be added to the list submitted to WB. Parents are then asked to call WB Guest Services once an email has been sent out confirming that they are available for purchase. 22/23 price was $488.25, including GST. The 23/24 Pass price is still TBD; we will let our members know when it is available.
Athlete Accident Insurance:
We recommend that each athlete take out additional insurance coverage. You can purchase the Freestyle Canada In-Country Insurance for $73. You will find it on the same page as the membership purchase.
A coverage summary is available here.
We are currently waiting on Freestyle Canada and Freestyle BC for the winter 2024 competition details. Once they become available, we will update this section and update members via email.
As a not-for-profit organization, fundraising is part of the Freestyle Whistler operational budget. We appreciate and encourage your support during the season with our operational fundraising efforts to continue to keep our program fees accessible and to support the long-term legacy of our club and the newly built Gemini Freestyle Centre.
Inclement Weather Policy:
If training sessions must be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, emergency, road, or facility closure. Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to choose make-up options to provide refunds or credit accounts to be used for programs within one year.
Athletes in the All Mountain and Big Mountain Freestyle programs require twin-tip skis, poles, helmets, and goggles. A second pair of skis is unnecessary, but mogul skis (if you can find them) are recommended for mogul training.
We recommend that Development and Performance athletes have a second pair of skis (identical to the pair being used daily) so that they can resume training if a ski or binding breaks. We have a locked area for athletes to store spare equipment.
Note: Athletes must have ski edges intact to use the Airbag Facility. Broken edges rip the bag material, rendering it not useable for training.
Our refund policy runs on a quarterly schedule. Participants will receive 75% by withdrawing before December 24th, 50% before February 4th, and 25% before March 3rd. No refunds will be given after the March 3rd date.
E-Transfer Payment Option Guide:
Step 1: Click this link to register and pay for your athlete’s Freestyle Canada/Freestyle BC membership. Please search “Whistler” and select “Whistler Blackcomb Freestyle Ski Club” as your club affiliation. Sorry for all the waivers! This step MUST be done via credit card. IMPORTANT: Do this step first, or you will need to complete all the waivers twice.
Step 2: Click this link to register with Freestyle Whistler programs. A program description guide can be found below. Please select either 1-time or 6-time instalments based on how you would like to pay.
Step 3: When you get to the cart, please email [email protected] a screenshot of your checkout cart. You can close your browser, which will be viewable on our end. You will receive an invoice from us a week before payment.
Credit Card Payment Option Guide:
Step 1: Click this link to register and pay for both the Freestyle Canada/Freestyle BC membership and Freestyle Whistler program fees.
Step 2: Please note that you will be prompted to purchase the FC/FBC membership during the Freestyle Whistler program registration.