SEASON LONG PROGRAM & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
We are so excited to launch our registration for the upcoming 2022/2023 season! All program registration links can be found at the bottom of the page.
Whistler Freestyle offers both recreational and competitive programs for the sport of Freestyle Skiing with a focus on moguls and slopestyle/halfpipe training, development of strong acrobatic and all-mountain skiing skills. All participants must be advanced-level skiers.
Click the links below to view program descriptions, schedules, and fees for:
All Mountain Freestyle
Big Mountain Freestyle
Please follow these registration guidelines below:
We continuously strive to be the most affordable alpine ski program in Whistler. With this in mind, we will be offering parents the option to pay program fees via INTERAC e-transfer to save on credit card processing fees.
Parents have the option to send either the full program fee amount or monthly instalment via e-transfer offline or online via the SnowReg payment system. For offline payments, parents will receive an invoice from our Quickbooks account when payment is due. The system online will automatically charge the card on file on the original transaction date then the following 5 instalments will occur on the first of each month. At any point during the registration process, if you are stuck or something isn’t working properly, please email Chris, our Executive Director, for help!
Please read this registration guide in full. Payment options are available at the bottom of the page.
***You can cancel your registration at any time before November 15th and receive a full program refund minus $25 administration fee. If you cancel between Nov 15th and December 3rd, you will receive a full program refund minus a $250 administration fee.***
If you are having any issues or questions about programs please contact Executive Director, Chris Muir by phone at 604-905-8788 or email [email protected]
Program Registration Notes
- All skier’s must be strong parallel skiers (Ski School Level 6 or graduated from a similar program).
- Programs are subject to enrollment and coach availability. Please note program enrollments may be limited due to COVID.
- Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to place athletes in the appropriate age and ability groups.
- Age groups are determined by the calendar year ending December 31 i.e. so if 12 by Dec 31.
- All program registration, waivers, and payment must be complete before participation can begin.
- There is no pro-rating for late start or extended absence.
- There is no family discount.
Program Fees do not include:
- Lift Tickets or Season Pass – All athletes regardless of residence can access the Sea 2 Sky Student Pass through our program.
- Coaching fees and travel costs to and from competitions or events.
- Parents will be given a rough estimate of these costs per event by the Program Director before the commitment date.
- Athlete or parental travel or accommodation to any events or competitions.
- Additional training or training camp or workshop expenses.
- A $100 volunteer levy for the Winter 22/23 season will be applied to your registration fee for all season-long programs with the ability to earn it back through volunteering for 5 hours this season. Club has been incurring extra costs each season for jobs/duties that volunteers could easily be doing. This levy is meant to encourage volunteerism.
- The time you put into volunteering will be monitored from December 18th, 2022 to the end of the season on April 17th, 2023. If you volunteer for 5 hours this season you will get a full credit of $100 to be applied to your account for future program use.
- More details will be given on volunteer opportunities throughout the season. They will include mogul course stepping and slipping, jump landing chopping, and airbag setup. Fundraising and helping out with competitions and events will also earn you hours. Ask us how you can volunteer to help and get your levy back. Our volunteer opportunities will be on our website in November.
Sea to Sky Pass:
Whistler Blackcomb offers Freestyle Whistler Club Members the option to purchase the Sea to Sky Student Pass. Parents who need this pass for their child are asked to check the box on registration. All athletes indicating that they require one will be added to the list submitted to WB. Parents are then asked to call WB Guest Services once an email has been sent out confirming that they are available for purchase. 21/22 price was $459 +GST. The 22/23 Pass price is still TBD, we will let our members know as soon as it is available.
We are currently waiting on Freestyle Canada and Freestyle BC for the winter 2022 competition details. Once they become available we will update this section as well as update members via email.
As a not-for-profit organization, fundraising is part of the Freestyle Whistler operational budget. We appreciate and encourage your support during the season with our operational fundraising efforts to continue to keep our program fees accessible and to support the long-term legacy of our club and the newly built Gemini Freestyle Centre.
We are actively looking for corporate partners. Donations over $10,000 will be credited with a tax receipt.
Inclement Weather Policy:
If training sessions must be canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, emergency, road, or facility closure. Freestyle Whistler reserves the right to choose make-up options; provide refunds or credit accounts to be used for programs within one year.
Athletes in the All Mountain and Big Mountain Freestyle programs require twin-tip skis, poles, helmets, goggles. A second pair of skis is not necessary but mogul skis (if you can find them) are recommended for mogul training.
We recommend that Development and Performance athletes have a second pair of skis (identical to the pair being used day to day) so that if a ski or binding breaks they can resume training. We have a locked area for athletes to store spare equipment.
Note: Athletes must have ski edges intact to be able to use the Airbag Facility. Broken edges rip the bag material rendering it not useable for training.
Our refund policy runs on a quarterly schedule. Participants will receive 75% by withdrawing before December 20th, 50% before February 6th, 25% before March 6th. No refunds will be given after the March 6th date.
E-Transfer Payment Option Guide:
Step 1: Click this link to register and pay for your athlete’s Freestyle Canada/Freestyle BC membership. Please search “Whistler” and select “Whistler Blackcomb Freestyle Ski Club” as your club affiliation. Sorry for all the waivers! This step MUST be done via credit card.
Step 2: Click this link to register with Freestyle Whistler programs. A program description guide can be found below.
Step 3: When you get to the cart, please email [email protected] with your cart # as well as whether you would like to make a 1-time payment or a 6-time installment plan for the program fees. You are free to close your browser as it will viewable on our end. You will receive an invoice from us a week before the payment is due.
Credit Card Payment Option Guide:
Step 1: Click this link to register and pay for both the Freestyle Canada/Freestyle BC membership and Freestyle Whistler program fees. Step 2: Please note that during the Freestyle Whistler program registration, you will be prompted to purchase the FC/FBC membership.